Saturday, August 20, 2011

The last 4 weeks of DIS

The last couple of weeks have been crazy with the completion of my summer program and traveling to Amsterdam and London. Here's a quick run through of what I can remember and what I put in my sketchbook:


After the study tour to Oslo, Norway and Stockholm, Sweden we returned to Copenhagen to begin working on our studio assignment. My studio instructor is the main professor who gives the history lectures. I haven't gotten used to his lecturing style, but I love him as a design mentor. He kinda laughs like a little boy.
This is Zaw (from UC Berkeley), Sarah (from New School in San Diego) and I at a sculpture museum in Copenhagen. It was POURING down rain that day!


Here's a street food vendor pulling his stand along with traffic; I captured this while waiting for the bus to school.

After a week or so in Copenhagen we left for a long weekend to do a short study tour in Western Denmark to the cities Kolding, Trapolt, Ebeltoft, and Aarhus. We went to a couple of amazing museums, through some cute towns, stayed at a GORGEOUS hostel, and sketched a crematorium.


Amazing museum: ARoS Kunstmuseum


Cute town: Aarhus, Denmark

GORGEOUS hostel!!!!!!!


On GORGEOUS land!!!!!

This is my favorite crematorium to sketch...hands down.












2 comments:

  1. i am so glad i got to read a new blog post! i cant wait to hear about the portion of trip with matt too!!! i miss u and earlier i was wishing i could have hair as awesome as yours. but i cant. i can only go 2 days with out a wash or else it all starts falling out! NO JOKE!!!! i cant wait to see you sometime when you get back :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're reading my blog! You're the BEST! I'll post new stuff on Amsterdam soon; you would love it there!

    ReplyDelete